- Original Price : £300
- RAM : 16K
- ROM : 12K
- CPU : 6502 @ 1.79MHz
- Video Output : RF Modulator
- Display Resolution Text : 24 lines x 40 characters
- Display Resolution Pixels : 320 x 192
- Colours : 128
- OS Language : Atari BASIC
- IO Ports : 1 cartridge slot, 4 controller jacks and Atari Serial Input/Ouput (SIO) port
- Keyboard : QWERTY style membrane keyboard with 61 keys plus 4 function keys (Reset, Option, Select, Start)
The Atari 400 was launched in 1979 by Atari and originally had 16K or 32K. The Atari 400 came with an 8-bit CPU with a speed of 1.79 MHZ.
BASIC is an acronym for Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
8-bit is an early computer hardware device or software program that is capable of transferring eight bits of data at the same time.
The Atari 400 was nicknamed Candy during its development.